turps: (Default)
[personal profile] turps
Murphy turned 7 on Wednesday, so happy birthday to him. For a present we got him a new bed, though of course, he






A photo of the birthday boy himself.






Also, that day Bodhi started school in year one, and looked adorable and happy to be back. Not so much the day after when it must have hit she had to do this school thing almost daily again, so Kayleigh had to carry her in. Bodes was fine after she got in, but I guess it is a lot to process after a summer of freedom.

It would have also been mam's birthday that day, so lots going on.

I went to see The Dog Stars at Odeon and what a beautifully shot film. Nothing much actually happened in it, but it was so pretty to watch, which was impressive in a post apoc setting. But if anyone wants to see it and is worried about the dog you'd be right to worry, the dog does die and in a scene that will break your heart.

The email arrived from the Weight Management Programme and yet again no class next week. So in a wild moment I signed up to attend a strength yoga taster session. It's not actually through my gym membership but a free class put on for local residents, so I'll see how that goes.

I've also signed for an aqua aerobics class at the big gym location. I haven't done so before as it clashes with Rosie's Wednesday class, but I do think I need to explore other options. Plus, Wed is always James' day off during the week so I know I'll be able to get there okay.

Date: 2026-09-05 01:55 pm (UTC)
omens: sun shining through leaves (Default)
From: [personal profile] omens
What a handsome birthday boy!!! I loled about poor Bodhi's betrayal. Sorry, Bodhi.

I hope you love aquafit!

Date: 2026-09-05 02:32 pm (UTC)
omens: sun shining through leaves (Default)
From: [personal profile] omens
Keep happening for SO MANY YEARS, the poor kiddo lolol

Exactly!!! I am terrible at anything that involves coordination so any kind of aerobic steps etc, dances, all that - but you're mostly underwater! When I went (20 yrs ago lol) it was just a pack of hilarious old ladies too :D made it very fun. Just flailing in the water, having a good time, and not having to feel sweaty!

Date: 2026-09-05 04:18 pm (UTC)
jacieleigh: (Ozzie on top of door by Solariana)
From: [personal profile] jacieleigh
Happy #7 to Murphy! But what a bad boy for Kevin to steal the first sitting! I'm glad Murphy got a chance at the new cat bed, and hope he enjoys it! He's looking great!

Poor Bodhi. Just wait until she finds that school will be her life for the next 10+ YEARS... LOL

I hope everything is okay with Rosie. But yeah, nothing wrong at look at other options. I hope you find one you like that suits you!

Date: 2026-09-06 06:34 pm (UTC)
turlough: cat sleeping in the sunshine, art by Paul Monteagle ((other) i love cats)
From: [personal profile] turlough
A belated happy birthday to Murphy! I hope he'll get to enjoy his new cosy bed without Kevin stealing it too often :-)

Awww, poor Bodhi! It's not easy having to realise life isn't just about enjoying yourself.

*hugs you a lot*

It's a pity Rosie's off again since you always seem to enjoy going there but hopefully both new things you've signed up to will at least capture your interest. Will keep my fingers crossed!

Date: 2026-09-06 09:07 pm (UTC)
kat_lair: (Default)
From: [personal profile] kat_lair
What a handsome birthday boy.

Date: 2026-09-24 07:32 am (UTC)
rikes: (Surfing kittens)
From: [personal profile] rikes
Hi kitties!!! How is Murphy 7 already?

Profile

turps: (Default)
turps

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
4567 8910
11121314 151617
18192021222324
25 262728293031

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 31st, 2026 09:35 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios