(no subject)
Sep. 25th, 2026 08:37 amYou may remember I was wondering if Rosie would be there for class on Wednesday, well, she wasn't.
Turns out she'd resigned and an email had been sent out about that a few weeks back. But it was an email I never received due to not being officially on the scheme now.
I half expected it, but am still sad that she's gone so suddenly. She did so much for me, including giving the confidence to join the gym, and to push myself beyond what others, and tbh, myself, thought I was capable of.
She was there at the very beginning when I was worried about even doing the class, cheered me on when I managed the one level step, then the two, then the three. From starting with baby weights to bashing away at battle ropes and doing goblet squats with 10kg dumbbells.
She also helped loads with nutrition and most importantly, always stressed about balance being vital, and I'll always remember her saying, have that ice cream after a walk if you really want one.
The scheme is still going on in our location, but only on Wednesdays for now. We now have Sam, who said she was a tough trainer but then went on to demonstrate a beginners 101 circuit. I'm hoping she was only checking out what people's abilities were, because going back to having to use a chair to do sit to stands would be steps backwards in terms of being pushed.
But at least there's no issue about staying on the scheme on an unofficial basis, and in fact, I have a one to one with Sam next Wednesday afternoon. Now I guess it's a case of time and learning to create a new relationship between group and trainer, because Sam was all over the place that morning. Understandably so as she was in a new room, faced by new people who'd been left adrift for nearly two months with no classes.
I'm ready to give Sam that time, but I'll still miss Rosie, though.
And in fact, after thinking a while if it would be an okay thing to do or not, I sent Rosie a DM on Instagram after requesting to follow her account. I did say sorry if I was overstepping, but I just wanted to say thank you for these last few years. And I'm glad I did send the message as she sent such a lovely reply. She explained she'd left due to mental health issues but is fine now after realising she needed a new path but was sorry she didn't get to say goodbye.
So, that's that. Class still going on, but different now, and all I can do is embrace that.
Yesterday I took Bodhi to school again, but as James had a day of annual leave in, we didn't have to walk there. Which actually caused more stress as we didn't realise the main road that leads to the school turn off is closed atm, so we had to drive to the next town to do a huge circular detour to get there.
I dropped B off at 8:30 then had an hour to waste before Yoga class, so we went to the nearby Starbucks and had my first hot pumpkin spice latte of the season. Drank that and James dropped me off before going home while I went to class.
I don't know if a downward dog is the same as a dog stretch, but the instructor said we were doing the former last week, and the second this week, except with an added stretched up leg. Then with the help of blocks and bricks for height, most of the class balanced on one arm and one leg, while I remained on both arms and contemplated my life choices.
I did enjoy the class, and went for the coffee meet up afterwards before James picked me up and we headed to Durham and the cinema to watch The Heart of a Beast, and omg, that film
I knew going in the story was about a guy and his dog crashing in the wilderness, but didn't realise the vast majority of the film would be those two only. There was the crash, a fall into a raging river, the guy crashing due to having a heart attack, a wolf attack, the dog having flashbacks and nightmares about being blown up whilst a miliary dog -- the dog had a false leg and metal teeth due to that -- and then finally, the guy dying due to blood loss, the dog curled up at his side after being told to go find the road. And just, my god, I felt like I had been wrung out by the time we left.
Brad Pitt as James was good, but Uber, the dog that played Odin. Wow. That dog could act, world weary after seeing things no good boy should ever see, and showing the courage to go on in the worst of circumstances. It was the relationship between James and Odin that made the film, and broke you by the end.
It's another craft fair tomorrow, also Pauline's birthday so we'll be calling in at hers after. It's the fair in aid of Consett Cats and the one held in the vets so I'm not expecting big sales. But, as long as we get some money to help the cats, that's all that matters.
Turns out she'd resigned and an email had been sent out about that a few weeks back. But it was an email I never received due to not being officially on the scheme now.
I half expected it, but am still sad that she's gone so suddenly. She did so much for me, including giving the confidence to join the gym, and to push myself beyond what others, and tbh, myself, thought I was capable of.
She was there at the very beginning when I was worried about even doing the class, cheered me on when I managed the one level step, then the two, then the three. From starting with baby weights to bashing away at battle ropes and doing goblet squats with 10kg dumbbells.
She also helped loads with nutrition and most importantly, always stressed about balance being vital, and I'll always remember her saying, have that ice cream after a walk if you really want one.
The scheme is still going on in our location, but only on Wednesdays for now. We now have Sam, who said she was a tough trainer but then went on to demonstrate a beginners 101 circuit. I'm hoping she was only checking out what people's abilities were, because going back to having to use a chair to do sit to stands would be steps backwards in terms of being pushed.
But at least there's no issue about staying on the scheme on an unofficial basis, and in fact, I have a one to one with Sam next Wednesday afternoon. Now I guess it's a case of time and learning to create a new relationship between group and trainer, because Sam was all over the place that morning. Understandably so as she was in a new room, faced by new people who'd been left adrift for nearly two months with no classes.
I'm ready to give Sam that time, but I'll still miss Rosie, though.
And in fact, after thinking a while if it would be an okay thing to do or not, I sent Rosie a DM on Instagram after requesting to follow her account. I did say sorry if I was overstepping, but I just wanted to say thank you for these last few years. And I'm glad I did send the message as she sent such a lovely reply. She explained she'd left due to mental health issues but is fine now after realising she needed a new path but was sorry she didn't get to say goodbye.
So, that's that. Class still going on, but different now, and all I can do is embrace that.
Yesterday I took Bodhi to school again, but as James had a day of annual leave in, we didn't have to walk there. Which actually caused more stress as we didn't realise the main road that leads to the school turn off is closed atm, so we had to drive to the next town to do a huge circular detour to get there.
I dropped B off at 8:30 then had an hour to waste before Yoga class, so we went to the nearby Starbucks and had my first hot pumpkin spice latte of the season. Drank that and James dropped me off before going home while I went to class.
I don't know if a downward dog is the same as a dog stretch, but the instructor said we were doing the former last week, and the second this week, except with an added stretched up leg. Then with the help of blocks and bricks for height, most of the class balanced on one arm and one leg, while I remained on both arms and contemplated my life choices.
I did enjoy the class, and went for the coffee meet up afterwards before James picked me up and we headed to Durham and the cinema to watch The Heart of a Beast, and omg, that film
I knew going in the story was about a guy and his dog crashing in the wilderness, but didn't realise the vast majority of the film would be those two only. There was the crash, a fall into a raging river, the guy crashing due to having a heart attack, a wolf attack, the dog having flashbacks and nightmares about being blown up whilst a miliary dog -- the dog had a false leg and metal teeth due to that -- and then finally, the guy dying due to blood loss, the dog curled up at his side after being told to go find the road. And just, my god, I felt like I had been wrung out by the time we left.
Brad Pitt as James was good, but Uber, the dog that played Odin. Wow. That dog could act, world weary after seeing things no good boy should ever see, and showing the courage to go on in the worst of circumstances. It was the relationship between James and Odin that made the film, and broke you by the end.
It's another craft fair tomorrow, also Pauline's birthday so we'll be calling in at hers after. It's the fair in aid of Consett Cats and the one held in the vets so I'm not expecting big sales. But, as long as we get some money to help the cats, that's all that matters.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 12:00 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 12:29 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 02:07 pm (UTC)Cat rescues are having a rough time these days, at least with the orangenutcase in charge. With gas, food, and utility costs all skyrocketing, it's harder to get donations, AND things are more expensive for the rescue. Our vet bills are up; our medicine bills are up. We've been on an intake freeze, as are other rescues in the area, but the cats and kittens needing rescue don't stop. It's sad. I'm glad you're doing something to help kitties in your area.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 02:17 pm (UTC)Our shelter is exactly the same as yours. CatladyKay keeps posting that she's out of space for new cats, but somehow always ends up squeezing more in as yet more kittens are born. She's doing another cat cuddle session, so hopefully more will get adopted. Not by me though. I'd love more but financially, I know it's a no go.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-26 08:00 pm (UTC)Fingers crossed that your group can create a good relationship with Sam. Maybe you can give her some examples of things you've been doing so that she won't go too easy on you ;)
no subject
Date: 2026-09-27 06:27 pm (UTC)Your contemplation during yoga made me giggle!
I hate stories where the characters die!
I hope the craft fair went well!
no subject
Date: 2026-09-30 12:06 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-10-06 04:18 pm (UTC)